Sunday, October 16, 2011

Another Wedding!

Ok, so I am not racking in the bridal bookings, but I was very excited when Carol agreed to hiring me as her makeup artist for her wedding!  We were not able to do a consult due to distance, so I was a bit nervous about coming up with a plan.  As I sat in my bathroom and tried multiple looks out on myself, I had to keep reminding myself of my bride.  Carol was so laid back about the whole thing.  She didn't have any specific look she was requesting so I took my liberties.  I kept thinking natural! natural! natural!  Carol does not wear makeup on a regular basis, so false eyelashes and black eyeliner were not going to be in her look.  I settled on a look that was not too heavy and I let the eyeshadow do the work for me.  Picking an eyeshadow with a lot of different tones helps cut down on all the layering and shading needed to achieve the same look.  You can wear this color by itself, but it looks like several different shades.  An example is MAC eyeshadow in Woodwinked.  I also did a pink-based gloss to give a subtle look, but to also brighten up the eyes.  Success!! She seemed to really like it and she looked gorgeous!

The overall experience was relaxing.  I did her makeup upstairs next to a window, where we could overlook the setup that was taking place downstairs.  Its always nice to give the bride a little time away from the chaos.  I had so much fun at their wedding too!  It was a beautiful, small wedding at their gorgeous farm house overlooking fields of corn.  Amazing!

Beautiful Bride and Mother of Bride!

Bride Carol and New Sister-In-Law Jenny

Mr & Mrs!

Their thank you card...I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment