Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Tuesday Tip!

Following the trend of last week's post, I wanted to make women aware of the types of foundation that are available.  I just did makeup for an outdoor wedding and the main focus of the makeup was light enough to sweat through!  I know I did some tips about makeup on the beach, but what about a formal event?  You want to be able to sweat without feeling like your makeup is running off your face.

Tinted Moisturizer: Congratulations if you have a wonderful skin complexion!  You can get away with using tinted moisturizer as a base with a sheer mineral powder to finish the face.  I use tinted moisturizer as my everyday mixed with some concealer on my red areas and under my eyes.

Cream Liquid: This is my go-to foundation.  I mix it with a tinted moisturizer, which seems to give me enough coverage for a more formal occasion and be sweat-through proof.  My current regimen is a small pea-size of Pixi Tint and Conceal (no longer sold in this version, but now this version) and one pump of Chanel Pro Lumiere foundation.  I cover with Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil.

Cream Base: Very heavy.  This is usually only used for television or theater makeup, but may be useful to cover tattoos or dark birthmarks.

Spray Foundation: There are mixed feelings with makeup artists on this product.  It sounds easy to apply but isn't.  I would use it for body makeup more than facial makeup.  It tends to look dry.

Airbrush Foundation:  There is so much hype on airbrushing these days and many brides jump to airbrush makeup because even the word airbrush sounds tempting.  I love the outcome of airbrush makeup, but I think the same look can be achieved with the right foundation brush at half the cost.

Mousse Foundation: This foundation is relatively light and could probably be used during the summer too.  Most are silicone based, so I am not sure how they would do mixed with sweat.

The main tip for outdoor makeup is not too much powder.  If you are sweating, blot your face with a handkerchief or paper towel (toilet paper or tissue will leave pieces behind so beware!).  Don't add more makeup on top of sweat because it will cake.  Choose an oil-free foundation or something mixed with moisturizer so your skin can breathe!

No comments:

Post a Comment