Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday Tip!

Everyone wants the secret to anti-aging.  We pay money for products ( I won't tell how much if you don't) that advertise less wrinkles/dark spots/under eye circles/puffiness.  There is one true secret to reducing wrinkles and it's as unfortunate as the weight loss secret (no, not the lemonade diet...it's called exercise and healthy eating, people).  The only way to reduce wrinkles is......(take a breath from all the suspense!)........SUNSCREEN!  Yes ladies, the only way to prevent wrinkles is using sunscreen.  Sunscreen also prevents aging spots, cancer, and dry skin.  Make sure at least one product used in your AM routine includes SPF.  We all wonder, do I use 15 or 235?  Honestly, the number on the bottle is irrelevent.  Unless you are looking at tanning oil and I am sorry to say that an SPF of 4 will not cut it.  The number does not matter, just make sure your sunscreen covers UVA and UVB rays.  But wait Mary!  I work inside all day!  I don't need sunscreen!  Even the unflattering fluorescent lights of your office can harm the skin, so use sunscreen every day.  I recommend Mac Studio Moisture Fix SPF 15 or Clinique Superdefense SPF 25.  If you will be out in the sun all day, reapply!  For the beach scene, you'll see me lathering Aveeno Continuous Protection Sunblock Lotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment