Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Birthday Explosion!

Thanks to my wonderful girlfriend and family, my 25th birthday brought a plethora of makeup!  I am dangerously close to having a complete professional kit.  I should back up and tell about how this kit came about.  When I decided to talk about makeup until everyone stopped listening, my girlfriend (Carrie) decided to steer me into direction (any cause I was all over the place).  She suggested that if I was serious about starting a makeup artistry business that I develop a business plan.  This idea intrigued me and helped quell the hours of online shop browsing (I say browsing because I will search for products for hours without making any actual purchases....that would be going over the edge).  So, there I went, on the internet (again) researching how to create a business plan.  Creating the plan took several hours and when Carrie came home from work, I presented her with my finished product.  She was probably surprised that A) I took it seriously enough to actually make a plan and B) that making business plans was what I did on my days off instead of laying on the couch watching TV.  The first page of the plan included a detailed list of everything I would need for a complete professional makeup kit.  My dreams were pretty much demolished when I discovered the cost of this kit.  But through minor adjustments, I have brought the cost down significantly and stand today almost close to finished!  Somehow, I have made out only spending $30 of my own money!  There is plenty more to get but for now I will look (mildly) professional to strangers.  I have included a picture of my birthday gifts!!

1 comment:

  1. I've decided that you should do a blog post about your favorite products....

    ReplyDelete