Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Danber in December

I had to pleasure of traveling to New Orleans in December to celebrate the marriage of Amber and Dane!  Carrie and I had a BLAST on this trip as we do every time we are in New Orleans.  Danber's wedding gave us the great excuse of staying in New Orleans for New Years Eve as well!

Amber needed an impromptu make up artist for the rehearsal dinner, so I grabbed the ridiculous amount of make up I brought on the trip and headed to her house.  She was looking for a natural cat eye liner, which I was a bit nervous about at first.  I can whip up liquid liner on myself no problem, but had only practiced a few times on other people (Thanks Julia and Carrie!)  The practice runs had not gone so smoothly, but I was determined to get it right under pressure.  I (and Amber) was very pleased with the outcome!  The one (great) thing about doing make up on your friends is you can use your own products.  I don't recommend it if you are trying to go professional, but I've gotten away from the formal atmosphere of make up.  On a whim you gotta use what you have!

Seriously, could they be a better looking couple?!

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL at the historic Rosy's Jazz Hall.  Great food, great people, great drinks, great time!  The wedding and reception was followed by the most awesome bar I've ever been to called Bellocq.  Adding to the awesomeness was that the bar was directly next to our hotel, SCORE! 



Beautiful Photography: Emily Newman
Beautiful Hair: Nicole Schmitt
Beautiful Make Up: McKenzie Ziegler



No comments:

Post a Comment